Oliver Krsmanovic sentenced to 18 years!

Posted in Uncategorized with tags , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , on September 1, 2015 by visegrad92

Former Bosnian Serb Army serviceman Oliver Krsmanovic was sentenced to 18 years in prison for crimes against humanity including the killings and forced disappearances of Bosniaks in Visegrad in 1992.

ubistva-na-drini
Justice Report – BIRN
The state court in Sarajevo on Monday found Krsmanovic guilty on eight counts for taking part in the killings and forced disappearances of Bosniak civilians, as well as other inhumane acts in the eastern Bosnian town of Visegrad during wartime.

The court ruled that Krsmanovic took part in the hijacking and killing of 16 Bosniak civilians travelling from Sjeverin in Serbia on October 22, 1992, and in the killings of eight Bosniak men at the Varda factory in Visegrad earlier that year.

According to the verdict, Krsmanovic, a member of the Second Podrinje Light Infantry Brigade of the Bosnian Serb Army, committed the crimes with Milan Lukic, the leader of a Serb paramilitary unit called the White Eagles, who was sentenced by the Hague Tribunal to life in prison for crimes in Visegrad.

Krsmanovic was also convicted of being responsible for the forced disappearance of a number of civilians, the torture of one Bosniak in Visegrad and beating up a prisoner in the Rasadnik detention camp in 1995.

The court however cleared him of taking part in rapes and torture.

It also said that the prosecution failed to prove that Krsmanovic took part in the burning alive of 80 Bosniak civilians in Bikavac in June 1992.

“The role of the defendant [in the Bikavac killings] was unclear to the chamber,” said presiding judge Darko Samardzic.

The court further acquitted Krsmanovic of two incidents of rape and sexual abuse at the Vilina Vlas Hotel in Visegrad because the witnesses were unsure whether the defendant was the person who assaulted them.

“We believe that the punishment fits the crime and the role of the defendant,” said Samardzic.

“The chamber finds no mitigating circumstances. The fact that the defendant is a family man has no bearing on the crimes. He offered no remorse, but continued to commit crimes,” the judge added.

This verdict can be appealed, while the two-and-a-half years that Krsmanovic spent in custody from 2011 to 2013 will count toward his sentence.

Later this month, he will also stand trial in a separate case in which he is charged alongside nine other Bosnian Serbs with the abduction and killings of 20 passengers seized from a train at a station in Strpci in Bosnia in 1993.

Spomen-obilježje ubijenim Bošnjacima u Dobrunu, Višegrad

Posted in Uncategorized with tags , , , , , , , , , , , , on August 30, 2015 by visegrad92

dobrun.spomenik.1

U mjestu Dobrun, dvadesetak kilometara od Višegrada, danas je otvoreno spomen-obilježje za 131 civila bošnjačke nacionalnosti, koja su ubijena početkom proteklog rata u BiH.

Spomen-obilježje kod Careve džamije, prve džamije izgrađene na tlu BiH po dolasku turske vojske, izgradilo je Udruženje „Dobrunjani i prijatelji“, poznatije kao „Dobrun – Stari grad“ , javlja Anadolu Agency (AA).

Prethodno je dobijena saglasnost Vakufske direkcije BiH, kao i dozvole Opštine Višegrad. Prema riječima predsjednika Udruženja Esada Hrustića, bilo je teško prikupiti sve podatke o imenima stradalih, što je rađeno uz pomoć preživjelih članova porodica, a broj ubijenih u napadima nije konačan.

– Naši preci, naša djeca, naša braća i sestre su zaslužili da konačno uradimo ovako nešto. Ponosni smo na to – rekao je Hrustić.

Historija bilježi da su kroz Dobrun prolazili i uglavnom živjeli samo dobri ljudi, a njihova djela se spominju u historiji bosanskoj, kaže predsjednik Medžlisa IZ Višegrad Bilal Memišević.

– Dobre ljude, pitomu zemlju dobrunsku, spominju Evlija Čelebija i svi oni koji su prije njega prolazili kroz Dobrun i pisali o ovom mjestu. Naravno, kroz Dobrun su prolazili i oni koji nisu dobri i zbog njih mi danas i jesmo ovdje, da glasno i jasno u dobrom Dobrunu kažemo da nećemo dozvoliti da nam se iste ili slične stvari u budućnosti događaju – poručio je Memišević.

Predsjednik Skupštine opštine Višegrad Suljo Fejzić kazao je kako su preživjeli izgradnjom ovakvih spomenika prinuđeni pisati istoriju o stradanju svojih najmilijih, jer to na način kako se istorija piše u ovoj državi nije moguće.

– Ovo je naš način da sačuvamo od zaborava sve naše žrtve i ono što nam se desilo u proteklom ratu. Dželatima ovih ljudi ništa nije bilo sveto. Ovi ljudi su ubijeni samo zato što su bili Bošnjaci. Ako mi ne budemo pričali istinu o stradanju Bošnjaka Višegrada, radit će to oni koji nisu bili ni blizu ovim prostorima, ali i dželati i ubice – rekao je Fejzić.

Otvaranju spomen-obilježja prisustvovale su desetine prijeratnih stanovnika Dobruna, ali i povratnici u ovu višegradsku mjesnu zajednicu. Spomen-obilježje otvorila su djeca čiji su roditelji porijeklom iz ovog kraja, a u okviru programa uručene su zahvalnice najzaslužnijima za realizaciju ovog projekta.

(Faktor.ba)
dobrun.spomenik

dobrun.2

Nezir Kasapovic

Posted in Uncategorized on August 4, 2015 by visegrad92

nezir.kasapovic.dobrun

Nezir Kasapovic 1922-1992

Visegrad 1941 : Bosniak girls raped and murdered

Posted in Uncategorized on July 21, 2015 by visegrad92

contadineTrucidate

Image: Two young girls from Visegrad villages Sase and Gostilja raped and murdered by Serb royalist forces (Chetniks) in 1941.

Ćamka Murtić (village Gostilja) and Safa Halilović (village Sase), raped and slaughtered by Bosnian Serbs from Visegrad, 1941. Picture taken by Sejdo Grabovic. 

Indictment for Visegrad Rape Filed – Nikola Savic

Posted in Uncategorized on July 19, 2015 by visegrad92

nikola.savic
Image: Nikola Savic

Denis Dzidic BIRN BiH Sarajevo

The state prosecution has filed an indictment against Nikola Savic, charging him with rape and theft in the Visegrad area in 1992.
According to the indictment, Savic, a former member of the Bosnian Serb Army, went to Dusce in the Visegrad area in May 1992. He stole jewelry and money from a Bosniak women, and then raped and sexually abused her. He was accompanied by another soldier.

The indictment has been forwarded to the state prosecution for confirmation.
– See more at: http://www.justice-report.com/en/articles/indictment-for-visegrad-rape-filed#sthash.1vsz8YiQ.dpuf

Indictment Against Milan Komad Filed

Posted in Uncategorized on July 19, 2015 by visegrad92

milan.komad
Image: Milan Komad

Denis Dzidic BIRN BiH Sarajevo

The Bosnian state prosecution has filed an indictment against Milan Komad, a former member of the Bosnian Serb Army, charging him with murder in Visegrad.
Komad has been charged with killing one person in the village of Kosovo Polje in the municipality of Visegrad at the beginning of June 1992.

According to the charges, at the time Kosovo Polje was inhabited by Bosniaks who’d left their homes for security reasons and crossed to the other side of the Drina River as refugees.

“Noticing a person who was hiding in his yard, the defendant came running onto his property and said, ‘Stop.’ Fearing for his life, the person tried to run away. The defendant then fired a shot from an automatic weapon and killed him,” an announcement from the state prosecution read.

Komad is defending himself at liberty. His place of residence is Neum.

The indictment has been forwarded to the Bosnian state court for confirmation.
– See more at: http://www.justice-report.com/en/articles/indictment-against-milan-komad-filed#sthash.U56DM681.dpuf

Bikavac fire massacre anniversary 1992-2015

Posted in Uncategorized on July 19, 2015 by visegrad92

visegrad
On June 27, 1992, the eastern town of Visegrad saw 70 of its Bosnian Muslim inhabitants killed by Serb forces. Among the victims there was one-year-old baby.

World Bulletin / News Desk

A sombre ceremony held Saturday has marked the 23rd anniversary of one of the Bosnian War’s most brutal massacres.
On June 27, 1992, the eastern town of Visegrad saw 70 of its Bosnian Muslim inhabitants — including women and children — killed by Serb forces in one incident.
Serb fighters forced their victims into a house before locking the doors and setting the structure ablaze. Those who tried to escape the fire through the windows were shot with automatic weapons.
Among the victims was a one-year-old baby.
Saturday’s ceremony — held at the scene of the massacre — was attended by relatives of those murdered, as well as the Women Victims of War Association.
Esad Tufekcic, whose two young children and wife were killed, said the massacre should never be forgotten.
“What happened here was a tragedy that the human mind cannot understand.
“I still do not understand how a human being could burn a mother with her child in her arms,” said Tufekcic.
President of the Association of Women Victims of War, Bakira Hasecic, said that as part of 23rd anniversary a monument to the victims would be placed in the town.
So far, the International Criminal Court and the Court of Bosnia and Herzegovina, have sentenced just eight Serb soldiers to prison for crimes committed in Visegrad.
Among the criminals, only Milan Lukic was jailed for life; the other seven defendants have received sentences of between 8 to 30 years.
Many of those thought to be involved in the massacre have never been brought to trial.

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 40 other followers